Saturday, December 16, 2006

Talents

Was chatting with K this evening about different talents one has, and which one to focus on. I was telling her I enjoy singing, dancing and drawing/painting. And there seems to be limited time to explore one's talents in all these. She said that one can have many talents, but it's best to fully explore the one which you are most apt and most likely would do by yourself.

When I heard that, it was clear which talent that is.

Not dancing, although there's tons of space in my room for me to dance away.

Not singing, even though I tell myself I want to give voice to the songs in my heart, the ones that make me soar...

It's drawing, painting, dreaming about paintings left to explore, landscapes still to paint over, lines and forms which to capture into paper.

And that is, I guess, the one that calls to me most. The most unflashy one. The quietest one. The one I do in my private moments.

No comments: