I was talking with an artist some days ago. He has exhibitions in China and loves Chinese art and culture, etc. It struck me that China may be a place for me to study art.
I love Italy and all that, esp Rome and Venice, and oh probably all of Italy, even if I haven't been there before. I am in love with the Italy of my imagination!
But Beijing represents a closer possibility. I love the Beijing accent (it's the most accurate Chinese accent, other than the Taiwanese-Chinese accent), it's less crazy and glitzy (I call it ditzy) than Shanghai, it's the capital city (which means its closer like DC than LA... and I like DC), I have former coursemates who work there, it's got one of the best art schools in China there, affordable cost of living (I can work and study), I can train to study Chinese caligraphy (and paint "abstract" mountains and valleys)... and more reasons besides. Chinese artists are extremely rigorous/disciplined/anal-retentive/competitive (and selfish), so if divine intervention provides me with the right mentor and proper guidance, I think studying in China would be a fruitful experience for developing art.
It's worth a thought and I will check this up. Check back in 2007.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment