A fellow artist commented that I never seemed to sketch fast enough to include the features of the face. For this sketch, I showed him and to myself, that I could.
Check out her bones, man!!*whistle*
In each session, there will be a few "bleah"s...like this one.
I got the hang of drawing with the new sheets of papers this afternoon at the drawing session. Getting more acquainted with the type of pencils/charcoals to use, and when.
Also, Daniele showed me her range of charcoal pencils to muck around with, so I got to test what other stuff I could draw with. Eg, the Sienna charcoal pencil, and fatter charcoal pencils that make it 'softer' to draw on, unlike the rough one I'm using. And the smooth and fat smudge pencils, unlike using my fingertips to smudge the lines with. Aahh...!!
The thing with looking at other people's drawing techniques and results too often, is that you can both learn from them, spot the mistakes and improvements... and yet when it comes to your own drawings, you can find yourself making similar styles of drawings as theirs and thus also blind to your blindspots.
*ramble ramble*
I guess what I'm trying to say is, my skills are still in progress!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment