I've been going to some group sessions to draw/paint. And it's all well socializing with arts enthusiasts and practitioners. But lately I find my being at these sessions merely mucking around. Mucking around with paint, mucking around pretending to be serious at drawing, mucking around furtively skirting the issue that in order to improve the craft, I have to be more diligent, intelligent and systematic. There's just no clear purpose why I'm in these sessions, or what I want to draw on these sheets of papers. And it's not satisfactory anymore personally. For I want to be much better at this craft and purposeful to the level I'm currently at.
For 2-5 years, wherever I may be, I intend to develop my drawing and painting skills on the side (evenings, weekends, part-time). Until my skills are more developed and I can actualize my dream of holding exhibitions and selling (my) art.
Several options are:
1) take up an informal art course. Art prof says a minimum of 6 months of faithful, consistent practice and attending sessions. (6 months - 2 years approx.)
From Still Life -> Scenery -> Portrait -> Figure painting -> Stylistic painting
2) take up diploma in Fine Arts...leading into possibly Art Therapy (merging my love for art and psychology)
3) take up a formal course in Fine Arts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment