Monday, November 27, 2006

recreations

At a book sale yesterday, I chanced upon 3 large booklets of art reproductions of Monet, Pre-Raphaelites, and Fairies(Arthur Hughes was one of the well-known artists of this genre). As well as 3 sets of do-it-yourself kit of reproductions of the Rennaisance, Impressionists and Van Gogh (The Sunflowers, oh, oh, oh!).The little booklets come with instructions on how to recreate those masterpieces. Get this. They have instructions for Mona Lisa, Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam (the fingertips of God and Adam almost touching), Van Gogh's Sunflowers and the heartbreaking Starry Starry Night picture. Van Gogh might have painted the biggest stars in the night, but many of his paintings were done in the heartbreaking lowest of depressions and during his hyper-manic hallucination episode... I had a few enjoyable hours basking in the glorious colours this morning. *contented sighs*

I look forward to painting them. The decision is, which one first? There are so many!! I am spoilt for choice.

No comments: