He was able to see through the tricks I used in my sketches. Basically my problem was there are too many lines, not enough definition, always searching, and perhaps getting too technical.
I was surprised and a tad indignant (my ego got bruised a little) by his comment. But after some minutes, of looking at earlier and latter sketches, I saw what he meant. Certainly taught me how possessive one could be about their "scratches".
Tips:
Draw with emphasis. Not too many lines. Decide.
Mind the tone for volume and shape.
Smudge better.
Practice drawing 3-D blocks for face, feet, fingers!
Well, the 'ol' Candy would get defeated by those comments right away. But thought I should relax and be cool about the drawing process. I asked the guy his opinion. He gave me honest feedback, not to mention a half hour of individual coaching. Und, ich habe gelernt. So!
Hellooo...! Leave your ego at the door!
More careful sketching and bolder lines as of now. More on Saturday!

No comments:
Post a Comment